Welcome to the City of Sparta!
CITY CLERK: Beckie Vessar
Phone: 417.634.3992 option 3
Email: [email protected]
ELECTED CITY OFFICIALS
- MAYOR OF SPARTA: MISTY HOLT
- Phone: 417.543.5792
Email: [email protected]
- WARD I, ALDERMAN: JEB BUSCHMAN
- WARD I, ALDERMAN: JIM CAMPBELL
- WARD II, ALDERMAN: JARRETT IORG
- WARD II, ALDERMAN: AMY HAMMONS
MONTHLY MEETING INFORMATION
- The Board of Aldermen meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm at Sparta Municipal Building in the Council Chamber. Please note that due to circumstances, the date may change. Check our Event calendar on the website for any changes in dates.
- If you have an item that you would like on the Agenda, please come into City Hall to fill out a request form. Please ensure your request is submitted at least 24 hour in advance due to agenda posting requirements.
- The City Clerk’s Agenda is posted in the City bulletin board outside the Utilities & Court Fines entrance of Sparta Municipal Building above the Water Payment Night Drop by 3:00 pm the Monday prior to a meeting.
CITY LICENSE INFORMATION
- BUILDING PERMITS & CONTRACTOR LICENSES: Please review our City Code (Chapter 500: Building & Construction) for information on building permits & contractor licenses. You may pick up an Application at City Hall during regular business hours at the Utilities & Licenses window or as a download HERE.
- BUSINESS LICENSES & LIQUOR LICENSES: Please review our City Code (Chapter 600: Business & Occupation) for information on Business & Liquor Licenses. Licenses can be renewed starting in December for the following calendar year. You must have your business licensed no later than January 31st of the new year or you may receive a citation. A download application is also available HERE.
- DOG LICENSES: Please review our City Code (Section 205.020) for information on animal regulations. All canines residing in the City of Sparta are required to be registered at City Hall annually. The cost is $5.00 per dog tag. You must provide current proof of rabies vaccination at time of registration and a picture of your dog. If needed, pictures can be taken by bringing your dog to City Hall. Tags are available mid-December every year for the following calendar year. You must have your dog registered no later than January 31st of the new year, or within 30 days of moving to Sparta.
To access the City Code, please use the shortcut “City Code” on the right column of the website.
BOARD OF ALDERMAN AGENDAS & MINUTES
- The agendas for past and future meetings can be found HERE.
- The minutes from our recent meetings can be viewed HERE.
- Agenda Request forms can be found HERE.
A copy of our independent audits can be obtained by clicking the button below, or by contacting the City Clerk.