The Police Department is located at 131 North Avenue.
Please call 911 in case of an emergency, or (417) 242-5511 for non-emergencies.
Christian County Dispatch can be reached at (417) 582-1030.
As members of the Sparta Police Department, we are committed to providing quality service to our community through personal integrity, fairness, open communication and a helpful attitude.
We will provide quality, professional service to our community by:
- Enforcing the law
- Preventing crime, thereby improving the quality of life
- Responding promptly to calls for service and other public needs
- Conducting thorough investigations
- Providing state of the art training and continuing education programs
- Leading by example
Having sound moral principles that earn the trust, respect, and confidence of the community and each other through:
- Being honest, and demanding the same from each other
- Living by the rules we enforce
To provide equal treatment of all persons without prejudice or bias by:
- Treating all persons with dignity and respect
- Expressing compassion in our attitudes and in our communication
- Ensuring consistency in decision making without favoritism
Sharing information and knowledge with the community, other agencies, and within our department as allowed by law through:
- Actively listening to all concerned
- Keeping crime victims informed about their cases and where to go for additional help
- Educating the community about crime risks and prevention
- Informing the community about the inner workings of our department
- Encouraging the open exchange of ideas and information
A helpful attitude is fundamental to earning the respect and confidence of the community. We will accomplish this by:
- Treating people’s problems as important
- Being polite and courteous
- Showing empathy and concern for the needs of others
- Showing pride in our profession